GShield 0.9.6

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2007 at 6:03 PM
I've started work on GShield 0.9.6. I will be branching the codebase at this point, the 0.9.6 release will be based on Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 built using Orcas Beta 2 and the new platform technologies. This release will be a platform update and won't add any new functionality but update the codebase and hopefully fix some bugs along the way. No timetable on release yet but I'm hoping for somthing within the next few weeks. As always any updates, news or changes to the 0.9.6 release will appear in this thread.
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2007 at 8:20 PM
Still Working on this update. Tooled for Beta 2 and I'll be on vacation shortly in the next few weeks for a while. I'm hoping to release the update before I head out. More updates to come.
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2007 at 4:17 PM
As vacation is fast approaching it appears that I won't be able to get the update out. I'm switching a lot of the backend data code to LINQ-to-SQL and updating the objects to match the .Net 3.5 property pattern and I haven't been able to dedicate the the time I want to ensure it all works good. I also wanted to use LINQ inside for collection searching, etc. I will also be setting up an external website, http://www.thegameshield.com to house additional information, online help, support and more project related stuff.
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2007 at 3:49 AM
Update coming. I just installed VS 2008 and am in the process of updating the project. Additionally I'll be updating the core Web Service to WCF once my host installed .Net 3.5. I will also be installing a backup web service on another provider of mine, just in case the primary goes down.